~ advertisement ~
When it comes to comfort food, there’s nothing that fits the bill quite like a classic retro ground beef and noodle casserole and that’s just what Husband’s Delight Casserole is. It’s simple fare that’s big on comfort but won’t hurt your budget – egg noodles paired with ground beef and tomato sauce, a creamy filling, and a topping of melty cheddar. It’s the type of easy bake that moms everywhere have turned to for decades when they need a simple dinner that delights the whole family (not just the husband) and I can promise you it’s as delicious today as it was a few years back.
This casserole is rather similar to Martha’s Company Casserole, which I grew up on and will love forever. Husband’s Delight differs a bit in that it incorporates onion, skips the cottage cheese, and has a different method of layering, but it has the same cheesy-creamy-beefy-noodle thing going on that’s just so easy to love.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 (24 oz) jar marinara sauce
- 12 oz egg noodles
- 2 cups sour cream
- 3 oz cream cheese
- 1/2 white onion, chopped
- 2 cups Cheddar cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta to al dente. Drain and set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, brown the ground beef. Season with garlic salt. Drain fat, if needed. Stir in marinara sauce and let simmer 10 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, combine sour cream, cream cheese, and onion and mix well.
- In a 9×13-inch baking dish, arrange half of the noodles, followed by the meat mixture, followed by the sour cream mixture, and finally by the remaining noodles.
- Top with cheese and bake 25 minutes. Enjoy!